Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Greetings from the Midlands!

Have you ever been in that place where you don't know if your preference is for things to stay the same, go back to the way they were or change completely?  Yeah, I'm in that place.  Let's call it The Midlands.  It's kind of like when you're switching radio stations and they're all on commercial break at the exact same time!  Except for country stations, but we don't count those.  Ever.  I realize that was not a very good analogy and I apologize for subjecting you to it.      I wish I could quit overthinking things.  But the seldom-occurring instance when I do something impulsively, I end up super-analyzing it afterwards.  Oh, hold on, Righteous Brothers is on the radio and I must take preak (pause/break).  And now I have You've Lost That Loving Feeling hangover, meaning I must immediately play Jet or something of the kind to balance the effect.  Aaaaah.  Now that's better. 
     What was I saying?  Hmmm, yes.  Maybe it's because I have an overactive imagination (if there is indeed such a creature) and can think of many, many outcomes for each action.  And dread all the awful ones.  So perhaps I am an overactive pessimist.  I'm not quite sure.  Because I can sometimes be a little naive, which you think would make me at least part optimist. Or it's really an insidious form of pessimism.  Like if I believe something could be so magically awesome, I am bound to be disappointed, therefore creating the outcome I really deep down expected.  And here we arrive at the overthinking stage again. 
      So where does that leave us?  Feeling shiftless, shapeless and in an emotional coma.  Syncing my new Zune, which beats iPod upside the head with a big nasty stick named The Annhilator.  Still really thirsty although the day has been rainy-cold.  About to go see if there's any tortillas left upstairs.  Trying to get rid of some weird chill-inducing headache I've been battling and yeah.
 .
"I loved the lies you told me and thought I was loving you." >R<

No comments:

Post a Comment